Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sooo it's been a while since I posted...

Things have been crazy and I've been slacking on updating this thing, but I should be back to it soon. Here is just a little bit of what I've been up to that has kept me from updating:

I'm on my second trip to Virginia in 6 weeks, and I have one more coming up in 3 weeks, so I've spent a lot of time on I-95 lately!

My laptop died right after we got back from the first trip to Virginia in June, my WONDERFUL husband bought me my first Mac for my birthday, and I love love LOVE it! I am the PROUD owner of a MacBook Pro. MacBook, where have you been all my life?!

Let's see... what else...

 I've had a Jared Platt Lightroom PUG meeting that I attended which was life changing! It really opened my eyes the the workflow and how to make things easier for myself when editing... so the next day I took an 8 hour Lightroom Workshop with Jared Platt. The whole thing was amazing and I learned more than I could have dreamed of. I have a workflow plan now and I love it! I have a go to that I can actually go to!

The same night as the Jared Platt workshop, I also attended a Two Bright Lights workshop and learned a little bit about submitting my images for publishing. I have a ton of info from that presentation that I filed away in my brain, so when the time comes to submit images, I know where to start.

There was the Abby Liga PUG which I watched streaming online (It was the first PUG I missed, so sad!) and she also spoke about submitting images.

I attended the Joe Buissink PUG meeting and it was also AMAZING! Joe takes absolutely breathtaking photos, and he was one of the most passionate speakers I have seen in the past year. I can't get over the passion he had while presenting, and I hope to attend more workshops or presentations from him in the future. Jim Collins also gave us a great talk about the industry and how to be successful in it.

I'm so disappointed I couldn't attend the Wedding Workshop by Tabitha McCausland and the ShootQ/Pictage bootcamp because of traveling, so hopefully they will both have more workshops in the future.


So all in all it's been a hectic 2 months since I've posted, and while I've been learning and business plan sketching and idea forming, I have not been editing too much, and that makes me disappointed in myself.

I hope to get back into the swing of things as soon as I get back to Florida next week, I have a lot of work to catch up on that can be "put to bed" in a short time and my goal is to clear up all those little hanging items before hitting the road to come back to Virginia.