Saturday, May 14, 2011

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

So I am taking the first official step of this journey.... 

I am finally using this blog that has been sitting around empty for several months. I feel like I should tell you a little bit more about myself. 

Photography has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl. When I was about 7 or 8, I received my first camera in my Easter basket. It was a pink 110 film camera, nothing fancy but I spent countless hours looking through that thing. I can't even begin to imagine how much money my family spent developing those rolls of film. And I laugh looking at those photos now, pictures of my stuffed animals, trees, my dolls, anything and everything that was sitting still long enough for me to whip out the camera and hit the button. Eventually I moved up and onward in the camera world to a 35mm point and shoot and onward to a "real" 35mm camera for high school photography. I did put the camera down for several years while I worked in a law firm, but let's forget about that and fast forward to December 23, 2004... My first digital camera! I kept that camera on me at all times. I literally used it to death, but it renewed that flame in me and eventually I moved on to a dslr, talk about freedom!  Now I am finally following my heart and my dreams and pursuing professional photography. My dream is to own my own wedding photography business, weddings are my passion, to me it just can't get better than a wedding day. The passion, romance, emotions in the air, they inspire me. I want to be the person who catches every unforgettable moment for a couple, and give them something they look back to 50 years down the road and say that was one of the best days of my life. 

Right now this blog is devoted to being my online portfolio. I'm currently working on learning, growing and continuing to develop myself as an artist before I start my actual business.I am always looking for more practice, please contact me if you are in the Orlando area and would like to set up a time to play model for me.

There are a few people who I couldn't do this without, so the following is a special shout out to those people: 
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of my friends and family who have supported and believed in me all these years, the Nalls family, who spent too many years at Rehoboth beach with a camera up their nose. :) A big thank you and I love you to my Nannly who gave me that first camera and has put up with me all these years. 
To my South Orlando PUG family (now Central FL PUG) I can't thank y'all enough for the amount of support, strength and courage you guys have given me. Each and every one of you has in some way inspired and left an imprint on my life. 

I have to thank another person who has helped me begin to blossom, Misty Miotto is an absolutely wonderful person and I am so thankful to have met her. In 2010 she pushed me and has given me the courage to go after my dreams. Misty they broke the mold with you! You are unlike any person I have ever met and it has truly been a blessing to get to know you and your wonderful family.

I can't be more thankful that GOD sent me a husband so supportive of this journey-more often than not, its been a bumpy road, and I'm sure there are quite a few bumps ahead of me while I continue to learn and grow and develop my artistic style. Thank you Jeremy, I love you so much for everything, from being there when things are hard to pushing me when you know that I need it. And even for all the pranks you pull. I read those words you sent me everyday--“Look to the future, not to the past. Reach for the stars, not for anything less. Hope for the impossible, not the easy way out. Consult not your fears but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do. Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."